Wednesday, October 12, 2011

what time is it?

i was feeling a bit sad & lonely today so what better way to brighten the day then with a craft project! i bought this clock several years ago with the intent of sprucing up the clock face. well, of course it sat in my closet, under my bed, in a box, basically everywhere except for the wall for the last two years. not anymore!


what you'll need:

- old {or new} clock
- number decals {you could use stickers, stamps, cut-outs, wood, etc.}
- scrapbook paper
- glue stick
- scissors

what you do:

step 1. open clock and remove all hardware. {on mine i just had to remove the clear covering on the front}
step 2. trace a circle, appropriate dimensions onto scrapbook paper.
step 3. apply glue to the inside of the clock. apply scrapbook paper circle.
step 4. attach numbers.
step 5. put all hardware back into clock face.

now we finally have a clock in the kitchen. whoo hoo! best part is it only cost me $3 because i already had all of the supplies except for the numbers.


and in other news....
it's not finished yet, but i have another craft project coming up soon! be excited.




2 comments:

Abby said...

cute! i love seeing other peoples projects!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

It's my pleasure to feature this awesome idea in my "FAB FRIDAY FAVORITES" post tonight. Thanks so much for linking it up to my party. Please feel free to take an "I Was Featured" button if you'd like & do come back again next Friday.

Warmly, Michelle