Thursday, August 30, 2012

one year ago.

Some of you may remember my post one year ago today about the unexpected death of my cousin Vanessa. It's incredible how quickly time has gone since then, and as cliche as it may sound, it truly feels like it was just yesterday I received a text and only hours later a phone call that would dramatically influence my life. I can honestly say not a day has gone by that I haven't thought of her, even for just a second or two.The emotions I felt are still so clear and vivid for me even a year later.

I received another text today from my cousin who called me that day to tell me the news. Although this is still such a difficult time for so many people it reminded how blessed we truly are...

"To all my 7 best friends: today, just one year ago we lost dear Vanessa, our 8th sister. I know that a part of all of us will always feel empty until that day when we will get to be with her again. However, I know that today Vanessa would really want us to remember her life, who she was as a person and what she stood for. So today, in memory of our dear Vanessa...let's all paint our nails, laugh as much as she would, smile to make someone's day better, and maybe even eat a bag of chips or some popcorn kernels. ;) Just do something that reminds you of Vanessa!! And just know that I love you all sooo very much and would do anything for every one of you. I have better than the best cousins and best friends anyone could ever want! Have an amazing day!"




No comments: