Thursday, August 5, 2010

even better.

Have you ever made plans for something you really wanted, only to have those plans fail due to things you can't change. So, you get back up and move on to your Plan B. Yet still sometimes you have to move on to your Plan C when everything else doesn't seem to work out. I remember what seems like just yesterday that I had all these amazing plans for what I hoped this summer would be. What can I say, I'm a dreamer! And of course those plans were quickly changed when I didn't get the job I wanted back home. Although things weren't going to be the way I planned I thought my Plan B would be just fine. Well, my back up came to a screeching halt when not one, but both of my roommates found themselves some boyfriends. Suddenly I found myself wondering what on earth I was doing staying in Logan all summer in an empty apartment with most of my friends back home for the summer. 'What am I possibly accomplishing by staying here,' I wondered on a daily basis. Well, here I am nearly four months later and although this summer has not be easy, I have realized that more often than not the journey of life just doesn't happen the way you think it will. Sometimes you're going to have to change your plans a bit, and although it's not exactly how you planned it usually turns out just fine. To quotes the movie What a Girl Wants, the main character Daphne realizes that, "The truth is sometimes things aren't exactly what you always imagined... they're even better!" So, even though I've had my share of bumps in the road and my summer has not been anything like I imagined, I have been able to strengthen friendships, develop new ones, and even work on becoming a better me, all while having a summer greater than I could have imagined.


One thing that was not in my plans...this song could not be any more perfect for me right now. Oh. Boy.

1 comment:

Lauren and Carter said...

Oh?
I am interested. :) (You may or may not have noticed that I am a nosy person.)